Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Irritable Bowels

Fucking martyr to my arsehole i am. shitting water for breakfast. Took three weeks to get an appointment at the quacks. Then I had blood tests which came bak a month later as fine. I also was supposed to get a colonoscopy within 4 weeks. It actually took noine weeks to happen. The result was shredded nerves. Full on PTSD which I had a 2 year bout of ten years ago. Horrible. No sleep. Eventually went into counselling. I am lucky cos i have one available at work. Then I got the camera up the arse action. That was horrible. If it happens to you take the sedative cos it is mighty hurty up in your gibleyts. Everything looked normal. Sitll waiting on biopsy results. Fingers crossed.

I told my boss what was happening and he reacted by coming to see me at 12-30 and 4 0clock everyday to demand what work had been done. Then, at easter, when I took a day off, he phoined me at home to call me a selfish bastard.


Grade A cunt behaviour. Anyone who has been in PTS will be able to imagine by boiling rage that came so close to exploding.

IT has been a hard year. I really hope i haven't got cancer. That would be bad. If i have, then it probably hasn't spread yet which is a bonus.


Friday is a good day for walking Kinder Scout.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Point one - your boss is a cunt.


Point two. Hope they find out whatever is causing it and that it's simply treatable (and doesn't involve laying off the beer and curry). Hope you get the results soon Dok; the waiting is sometimes the worst part. Hope that's true for you.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Doktor Skum said...

Hi David! Where the fuck were Lanka in the final? I was feeling all sri lankan too!

The illness is a right pain in the arse i can tell you!

Everything should be OK but theres always the horrible doubt that eats your soul away. Frighteningly, my brain kicked straight into PTS mode. I had a real bad time in my mid twenties when i took an XR3i off the edge of the wrynose pass into a forest. Waled away but left something of my mind behind. I thought i was long past it but it came back like an insidious cunt that robs your sanity.

Eventually i went into councelling with a psychoologist at work and everything has sytaretd to pick up in the last few weeks.

I have now been barred from the R5 boards for saying that Kilroy misled the police. I shall blog on this.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They were going great guns in the final - but the weather closed in just as Kumar and Sanath were accelerating forcing them to slog to get to a Duckworth Lewis win. Absurd way to settle a world cup but somehow apt for this one. Kumar is going great guns for Warwickshire at the moment - 122 not out last time I checked.

I thing you should definitely blog on it. If you want to get back on try setting up an account from a different PC and trashing your cookies on yours. THat might fool them. You;ll be in premod for a whie but that cunt Parker got back on so you should be able to, so long as you keep a low profile.


Caught you on HIGNFY last saturday where you clearly punched Kilroy in the face and then wrestled him to the ground. Not.

Counselling was a brave step and am I'm glad it worked for you. It's a shame your boss is such an arse though. I hope all is well with you and your family - and that the news you get soon is good.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

It's good to see you back blogging Skummy even if it is to report your health concerns. I hope everything is OK for you and that your problems are down to worrying too much and stressing out even more so.

Take care.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Doktor Skum said...

Its awful isn't it? I did promise myself i wouldn't use the BLOG to moan about the rubbish. But Then again I am notoriously unreliable.

As soon as I can sort the camera out i will put more kinder scout pictures up. I will even put some of my mate Horse up. We had a lovely time, although, in the morning it rained sideways.

3:29 AM  
Blogger Name Witheld said...

Hi, Doc, glad to see you back in the blogosphere.

In our office your boss would be referred to as a "weapons grade" cunt. May the hairs on his arse turn into sticks and beat the shit out of him.

I've had a couple of health worries in recent years and my biggest enemy was my own imagination. Once I got some facts from the doctor I was able to stop worrying about all the possible worse case scenarios.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Doktor Skum said...

cheers for that, I reckon the mind is a such a terrible place to be.

I'll be seeing my councillor again today, and it is starting to feel like a waste of time so i reckon i am on the mend.


It really is all in the mind.

2:51 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Its unlikely to be cancer Doc. Have you considered food intolerances/allergy?
Milk is a particularly common one. Its hidden in so many forms you don't always realise you are eating it.
http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2002/may/milk.htm
hope you feel better soon!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home